Cleanings & Prevention
A preventive program is a cooperative effort by the patient, dentist, and dental staff to preserve the natural dentition and supporting structures by preventing the onset, progress, and recurrence of dental diseases and conditions.
Preventing dental disease starts at home with good oral hygiene and a balanced diet. It is continued in the dental office by the efforts of your dentist and dental hygienist to promote, restore, and maintain your oral health.
Prevention also includes regular dental exams, cleanings, and x-rays. Sealants and fluoride are also great preventive treatments that help protect the teeth.
REMEMBER PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE !!
- Dental Exams & Cleanings
- Dental Exam
- A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Professional Dental Cleaning
Professional dental cleanings (oral prophylaxis) are usually performed by a dentist at six monthly intervals. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
Diagnosis | Treatment | Maintenance
The word periodontal means “around the tooth
Book an appointment with our doctor instantlyBook An Appointment
I was very scared initially but Dr Vandana and her team made me very comfartable before extraction. She explained the details well. Her team of young dentists are very patient…
Happy withDoctor friendliness, Explanation of the health issue, Treatment satisfaction, Value for money, Wait time Good clinic. Very nice Dr.Vandana and Dr. Kriti. Very good treatment and doctors are very…
I've been going to Dr. Vandana Thakran for two years now. Working in the healthcare industry, I am very particular on what I expect out of a practitioner. Dr. Vandana…
Happy with Doctor friendliness, Explanation of the health issue It was pleasant. The doctor was friendly and she explained everything to me. Looking forward to my next visit
The most caring ,patient and clean dental facility . My kids were reassured and treated with utmost patience and love . Highly recommend Dr Vandana.
Extremely comforting as the treatment was for my 12 year old daughter. My daughter was very anxious but it was a smooth sail indeed and she liked the doctor too.…